Saturday, June 07, 2008

Thompson - Poised for Big Things
I received a blast email from a TIC industry veteran who is joining Tony Thompson's new real estate venture, Thompson National Properties, LLC. I had heard he had started a boutique real estate firm and looked at the website. This is not boutique - the staffing is incredible. The website shows seventeen professional staff and twelve senior executives, including Thompson. This is amazing. I don't know his plans, but he is staffed to raise billions. He is the keynote speaker at the Orchard Securities conference I am attending this week, and I am interested to hear what he has to say. I like the fact that he is not resting on past successes and has dived head first back in to the business.

1 comment:

Ralph said...

How can BD's invest with him without asking for a piece of the newly formed company. His reputation of taking care of the people who put him on the map is almost as bad as Leo's (in my opinion).