Thursday, August 17, 2006

Speaking at Conferences
I have been invited to speak on a panel at a non-traded Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) conference at the end of October. This may be interesting, but I am not sure if I'm wanted for my expertise or my registration fee. The conference I'd like to speak at is the TICA meeting in Vegas in mid-October. I just bought a real estate finance book, recommended by Josh Kahr, who gave a great presentation at the TICA meeting last March in San Diego. I hope to refine my cost of capital calculations and develop a few other benchmark calculations to help in the analysis of TIC transactions, which would be interesting to present. My guess is that traditional financial analysis may not fit the TIC model, as the high fees keep expected returns lower than the required returns. Presenting that information would go over real well.

No comments: